- Lancashire and India wicket-keeper batsman.
03 Oct: Paul Smith
- Warwickshire all-rounder.
07 Nov: David Leatherdale
- Worcestershire all-rounder and administrator.
05 Dec: Geoff Cope
- Yorkshire and England spin-bowler.
09 Jan: Annual Quiz
with Paddy, Ken and John.
06 Feb: Chris Lewis
- Nottinghamshire and England all-rounder.
06 Mar: Patrick Eagar
- legendary photographer who worked at 325 Test matches.
10 Apr (Date Change): Scyld Berry
- author and journalist who has covered over 450 England Tests.
01 May: AGM followed by Will Brown>
- GCCC Chief Executive.
07 Aug (Extra Meeting - date change): Gideon Haigh
- Australian journalist written extensively about the Ashes series.
Guest Fee £6
|Feedback: please speak with a Committee Member if you have any thoughts about the CCS or if you wish to advise us of things that may be of interest to CCS Members.|
2019 Membership Renewal|
Click here to download a Membership Renewal form.
Extra Meeting - Gideon Haigh|
- Wed 07 August. We are delighted that the Australian journalist Gideon Haigh who has written extensively about the Ashes series has accepted our invitation to come and talk to us.
Ken Burney's Cricket Memorabilia event|
- Wed 17 July, 10:00am to 5:00pm, at the Cheltenham Cricket Festival.
- at the GCCC AGM, CCS Members Roger Gibbons and John Nicholls were elected as President of the Club and onto the Executive Board, respectively.
2019 GCCC Fixtures at Cheltenham College: |
- Mon 27 May- Thu 30 May
Glos vs Lancs
- Mon 15 July - Thu 25 July
Cheltenham Cricket Festival
2019 GCCC Ian Cockbain Testimonial: |
we wish Ian every success in his testimonial year. His first Cheltenham event is on Tue 28 May - Q&A with Lancs and Glos Players.
Cricket Then & Now - An Evening with Barry Richards:|
- Fri 21 June. 7:00pm, Lilley Brook Golf Club, £15 (Curry and Rice £8 extra) in aid of Maggies Charity.
2019 GCCC Cotswold and N Wilts Region Champagne Breakfast:|
- Sun 23 June. 09:15 for 09:30, in the Grace Room at the Bristol Pavillion, £18, day 1 of the championship match vs Glamorgan, in aid of the Club’s Academy. Bookings by Wed 9 Jun.
|Vote of Thanks: would you like to do this at Speaker meetings with the possible opportunity of dining with the Speaker beforehand? If interested please contact Robin Andrews.|
|Committee meetings: generally held on the 3rd Tuesday of the month. Please contact our Secretary Martin Renshaw if you would like anything to be put on the agenda for discussion.|
|Memory lane: why not browse through the photographic record of all our Speakers since 1984 which is available at Meetings near Paddy's library table.|
|Extra Specials: CCS Umbrellas (£12.50), CCS 'Tom Graveney in Conversation with Stephen Chalke' CDs (£7) and CCS ties (£5) are available for purchase. More Info.|
|Name change: ’The Council of Cricket Societies’ to which we are affiliated is now ’The Cricket Societies’ Association’. Its Calendar Page gives details of other Cricket Society events which you may like to attend.|
Copyright © 2006-2019 Cheltenham Cricket Society and CricketArchive